- When you want a cool glass of water, pour it from a container of tap water kept in your refrigerator instead of running the tap for several minutes and save as much as 300 gallons of water each month!
- Use a pan filled with clean water to rinse your vegetables instead of running them under the tap and save more than 200 gallons each month!
- Stop defrosting your food under running water and save another 100 gallons a month!
- While you’re waiting for hot water to reach your tap, catch the cold water in a pitcher and water your plants with it. You may save up to 300 gallons per month!
- Save 300 gallons a month by watering your lawn early in the morning or in the evening when less evaporation will occur!
- Letting your lawn grow longer in the dry weather will maintain moisture in the soil and save you as much as 500 gallons each month in extra watering!
- Switch to a low flow showerhead and save between 500 and 800 gallons every month!
- You can save up to 700 gallons a month by shortening your shower by just one or two minutes!
- Save 20 gallons of water each time you take a bath instead of a shower!
- Don’t leave the water running while you’re brushing your teeth or shaving and you can save 3 gallons of water!
- Drop dye tablets in toilet tanks from time to time to check for toilet leaks. Let the color sit for a few hours. If any dyed water seeps into the toilet bowl, you may have a leak. Make repairs immediately and you could save yourself 200 gallons a month!
- Fixing a leaky faucet or pipe joint can save you 20 gallons of water each day!